I wanted to update everyone on "baby bean..."
I found out at my 19 week appointment that the baby only has a 2 vein cord. Normally babies have 1 vein and two arteries in the umbilical cord. Our baby is missing one of the arteries. This happens for no particular reason and occurs in about 1 in 500 pregnancy's. Due to this 2 vein situation I have seen a specialist and everything looks good. Our baby is growing well and appears to be healthy. Sometimes in the third trimester babies with a 2 vein cord have a hard time gaining weight or can be in stress due to not having as much blood flow as a baby with 3 veins. This puts me in a high risk category and my Dr. will continue to monitor the baby closely. Next month I will start going to the Dr. twice a week for the last twelve weeks or until delivery. At those twice weekly appointments I will have 2 non-stress tests done and a sonogram. When we first learned of this complication both Andy and I were nervous, but everything is looking good. Thinking positively it will be nice I will have all the extra Dr. appointments. They will closely monitor our little girls growth and make sure everything is good. This helps put my mind at ease. I also look forward to seeing my baby during the weekly sonogram. The Dr. will definitely not let me go past my due date of April 1st. It looks like we will have a March baby!
We would appreciate prayers for baby Hilbrich that she continues to grow healthy and she can handle the 2 vein cord until she is full term. We will keep you up dated!
12.23.2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Your baby is going to be just as beautiful and healthy as Katelyn is!!!
My thoughts and prayers are always going out to you!!
I am always thinking of you! LOVE YA!
I have been thinking of you often! Glad to hear that everything is going so well!:)
Happy to hear she is doing well! I will keep you and your precious baby girl in my prayers!
Post a Comment