5.03.2012

Eye Surgery

Tomorrow morning our sweet Morgan will be having eye surgery. :(  I didn't really feel like posting about it until now.  We have know since early April that she would be having the surgery.  With my birthday and all of her fun birthday stuff at the end of April we just wanted to focus on that. 

We told Morgan on Tuesday night about the surgery.  I got some books from the library that she and I have read together many times.  She also wanted to pretend play going to the hospital and having the surgery.  I have done this with her a dozen times too.  She is handling it well.  Typical Morgan style she is asking a lot of questions and I am trying to answer them the best I can.  Overall, I feel she is as prepared as she can be.  Gigi and Popi got her special Dora pj's that she will wear to the hospital in the morning.  She will also get to take her pink blanket with her.

A few answers to questions you may have...
  • It is an out patient procedure
  • The surgery will be roughly 45 min. and she will be completely asleep for the surgery
  • The doctor will be loosing the inner muscle of booth eyes
  • When she wakes she should just need Tylenol or Ibuprofen to control pain
  • Her eyes will feel itchy, especially the first week.
  • The stitches will dissolve in about 1 month
  • Her eyes may be red, swollen or blood shot at first
  • She cannot swim for 7 days
  • She can resume all activities (running, jumping, etc.) in a few days when she is feeling better
  • She may see double vision after surgery, this could last up to a week
  • She will continue wearing glasses the day after surgery and her glasses prescription may change in a month or so
  • We will know if the surgery is successful in about 6 months
Please keep our Morgan in your thoughts and prayers.  We are praying for a good outcome!

3 comments:

wilson said...

We will be praying for a smooth and successful surgery tomorrow! Love you Morgan!

Ashley said...

I will be thinking of you tomorrow!

Kimberly said...

Praying for you Morgan!