We have started getting the spare room ready as Morgan's "Big Kid" room. First step...paint! I picked out a soft pink to go with her bedding and white furniture. I know the two pictures below only show Andy and his "assistant" painting, but that is as far as we are on the room. We are also refinishing a dresser and it looks like it is turning out really good. I can't wait to get the room all together. After we get the room painted we'll need to purchase a twin bed sometime in the next week. I will post pictures once the room is completed!

I couldn't resist taking these cute pictures of Morgan and her Daddy painting. I am a big believer in giving children ownership in their lives. I feel that if you let a child participate in moments like this they are more likely to take pride in what they accomplish. I hope letting Morgan complete her room with us will help her appreciate and take good care of the things in her room. She was so excited to help paint her room!

She really looks up to her Daddy!
2 comments:
The room looks great! I can't wait to see the finished look.
Can't wait to see Morgan's big girl room! I need to get started on Carly's big girl room!
Post a Comment