9.30.2011
Eye Doctor
We have been monitoring Mackenzie's left eye since she was 4 months old. That is when I noticed her left eye turns in slightly. At her 4 month check-up our pediatrician said we would check back at 6 months to see if there is any change. At her appointment this week we noticed no change, in fact the Dr. noticed Mackenzie turns her head to the left to see an object that is to the left of her body instead of just moving her eye. The next day I took her to an eye doctor. (Certain doctors participate in a free eye check up for kids 12 months and under. We took Morgan back when she was under a year old.) We would have taken her for the free eye check up over the next few months anyway. The eye doctor also confirmed what our pediatrician saw. We now have an appt. set up for early November to see a pediatric ophthalmologist. Please keep Mackenzie in your prayers. I pray that her little eye will get the proper care it needs. I know that she will more than likely get her eyes dilated and trying to have a 6 month old follow directions to focus her eyes to look certain ways for the exam is most likely not going to be easy. We appreciate your prayers. I will post in November what the next step will be after meeting with the ophthalmologist.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment