12.16.2009

Santa and the local news

Yesterday we took Morgan to visit Santa. She wasn't to sure about the big guy in the red suit. We went at the perfect time because no one was in line before or after us. At first she didn't want to get out of her stroller, but then Santa went up to Morgan and handed her a candy cane. Following the kind gesture from Santa a friendship was born! Morgan then agreed to go to Santa as long as Andy and I went with her. We were able to sit with Santa for a few good minutes since no one else was there. Morgan touched his furry coat sleeve and even blew him a kiss and gave him a hug. The best part was when she said, "ho..ho...ho," to Santa. We had been working on that this week and I was shocked she actually did it. Normally she gets shy and won't do things on command.
I didn't take a picture of Morgan with Santa and I wasn't about to pay the $25 they charge for a picture package. Lucky me...Channel 41's camera crew was there doing a story and much to my surprise they filmed us with Santa! I actually didn't even know this until we got a text message from one of Andy's friends saying he saw us on the news with Santa tonight. I got online and retrieved the video. Hopefully you are able to view it. We are at the 43 sec. and 57 sec. mark of the video story. :) Click below to see the video.
What Do Kids Ask Santa For In A Down Economy?

2 comments:

Angela said...

I saw you on the news too!!

Whitney Richeson said...

How cool! You are famous!!