12.12.2009

An unexpected traditon

Tonight I was getting ready to do a little baking for Vicki's birthday dinner tomorrow. I love baking, but I don't get to roll up my sleeves for tasty treats too often. The two biggest reason are not having the time and baking all the time wouldn't be good on my waistline! :) I turned on the TV to have something to watch as I made my jumbo dark chocolate cupcakes. One of my favorite Christmas movies was on..."It's A Wonderful Life!" I had to smile, because I have realized over the past few years I always find myself getting ready to bake around the holiday's and I turn on the TV to this movie. I never plan it out...it just always happens. Tonight I decided it's my new holiday tradition. Every year when the local TV network plays "It's a Wonderful Life," I'm going to have to make it a big baking night. Maybe it's a good excuse to make some tasty treat!! :)
I have this saying hanging in our home. It reminds me of all the blessings I have.
Time to put them in the oven!!
YUM!!
Even sweeter than the cupcakes...watching my precious baby sleep!
It is a Wonderful Life!!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

wonderful indeed!! have a very merry christmas. :)

Whitney Richeson said...

Yummy!! Can I have the recipe??